As far as the OTT platforms are concerned, Netflix is by far the most expensive one. So, naturally, we share it with a lot of our friends and family members. But, that shouldn’t hamper the privacy, right? If you don’t want anyone to snoop around in your Netflix profile, or your friends to know that you are watching Friends yet again, or have them ruin the recommendations for you, this article has a lot to offer you. Recently a cool new feature has been added to Netflix. With that, you can put a lock on your Netflix with a PIN code. Kylie, who offers online statistics homework help, services says that authenticating your Netflix profile is a great means to keep your nosy family members and friends at bay. Here, in this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to set up the lock and keep your profile protected from the on-lookers. Follow these steps, and yes, you can thank us later.
Steps to set up pin lock for your Netflix account
Naina, who offers online assignment help services, recently put up a Netflix PIN lock on her account. She shares her experience by stating that the easiest way to put up the PIN authentication is via the official website of Netflix. So, to do the same, you can follow the steps mentioned below. We’ll guide you through the entire process in this step-by-step guide.
- Open the official website of Netflix. On the website, you’ll have to head to the top-right edge of the window where you’ll see the Profile option. In there, click on the dropdown menu and head to the Account section.
- After that, a new page will load, where you can see the complete account details. In there, you’ll find different options on the left-hand corner. Head to the bottom, and you’ll see the section that says Profile and Parental Controls. Under this head, you can see the names of the different users accessing your Netflix account. So, move to your icon, and then click on to the tiny arrow present in front of your name. It has to be the profile that you want to authenticate and protect with a pin.
- The fourth option, i.e., the Profile Lock option, is what we will use now. By default, the profile lock will be set as Off. You’ll have to click on the ‘change’ menu right adjacent to it.
- As you click on the change button, a new window will open where you’ll have to provide the password of your Netflix account. So, enter the password and click on the continue button.
- Once done, you’ll get the window that says, Profile Lock. In there, you will have to provide a confirmation of locking the profile. So, you will have to check the option that says Require a PIN to access (Your Name’s) profile. As soon as you mark it, you’ll get 4-boxes where you can set your PIN. Type in the PIN that you want to put for your profile, and click on the save option. With that, the PIN is set. Maria, who works with a website where you can pay for writing papers, says that Netflix now has an option where you can make it mandatory for the new profiles to enter the Pin before creating a profile. It works as an excellent 2-factor authentication for the creation of the profiles.
- Now, every time you access your Netflix account via the Netflix app or the website, you’ll find a lock icon right next to your profile. So, when you press on the profile, you’ll have to enter the set PIN by pressing on to the display picture. After the PIN is entered, you can go back to viewing your favorite movies, Netflix originals, and TV shows.
Anaida, who offers the best product management course online, says that setting the PIN for the profile is an excellent parental control feature for the Netflix users. Earlier, even when the parent’s added viewing restrictions on their kids’ profiles, they could still access the R-rated content from the other profiles in the Netflix account.
However now it can be 100% restricted by putting up a lock on all the adult profiles. So, now the children will have access only to the content that is suitable for their age. In my opinion, it is certainly a great feature and an excellent initiative by Netflix in ensuring that kids only watch browse through age-appropriate content. Now stop thinking, and follow the listed steps to authenticate your profile. If you have any queries, you can write to us in the comment section below.